Electrical Design Engineer - Off Road Vehicles
Location: Bangalore, IN
Job Number: 2646
Requisition Number: 12572BR
Responsible for creating flattened harness drawings and electrical modules based off 3D electrical and mechanical CAD models. Responsible for working with Engineering and Designers to productionize and generate documentation for manufacturing of complex wiring harness products for Off-Road vehicles.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Take 3D electrical harness models into the harness manufacturing process to establish a flattened state that is manufacturable based off harness supplier input.
- Prepare preliminary harness drawings based off harness supplier input.
- Run DFX (Design for Excellence) tool chain and make changes as necessary to ensure harness drawing accuracy.
- Review harness build boards with electrical engineer, electrical designer and suppliers.
- Create electrical module assemblies based on BOM (Bill of Material) structure in Mapics, verify and ensure the BOM structure is correct, and ensure proper torque callouts on hardware.
- Work with product groups and manufacturing to ensure electrical modules meet assembly line and engineering requirements.
- Perform interference studies on electrical modules and vehicle subsystems to ensure minimum clearance guidelines and all specifications are met.
- Work with routing peer team to ensure electrical systems meet Polaris Engineering Routing Documentation (ERD) standards.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 5 years minimum related design experience.
- Required - extensive experience with Pro-Engineer (Creo 2.0 or 3.0).
- Desired - extensive experience with Pro/Cabling.
- Desired - extensive experience with Routed System Designer (RSD) & Creo Schematics 2.0 or 3.0.
- Desired - experience with Harness Manufacturing module and harness drawing creation.
- Desired - experience with drawing tables, reports and relations.
- Excellent understanding of harness manufacturing process and ability to visualize harness build board creation.
- Desired - large assembly management experience, knowledge of Bill of Material (BOM) structure.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to take technical and strategic direction from international leaders.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Fast paced office environment
- Travel as needed (less than 10%)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Design Engineer - Off Road Vehicles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, IN