Channel Development Specialist
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2647
Requisition Number: 12556BR
Dealer Improvement and Service Effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally to understand key drivers in dealer whole good, accessories, and post-sales performance
- Develop and implement dealer standards and measurements related to sales and post-sales experiences across the commercial dealer network
- Promote and drive the implementation of key industry benchmarks to increase dealer profitability and customer experience
- Partner with business units to establish and maintain thorough understanding of sales and service objectives and develop strategies and plans to engage dealers to maximize at the local level
- Develop & execute training to support field sales team and appropriate dealership employees on expected service standards Travel in-field and lead business discussions with key dealer accounts to secure alignment on dealer standards
- Utilize data based decision making and analytical skills to evaluate key markets for dealer improvement opportunities
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with field sales managers and sales leadership team to execute new dealer recruitment plans for key markets with a focus on milestones and timelines
- Develop sell-in and value proposition tools for dealer recruitment efforts across the commercial brands
- Work with Polaris legal department to create and execute territory attrition plans using supporting documentation as required
- Develop and manage the on-boarding process for new dealers inclusive of critical systems, standard operating procedures, and sales and service processes
- Lead and execute the dealer managed addition, exit and termination closeout process
- Collaborate with field sales team and receivables partner to execute dealer addition process
- Own the process of drafting letter notices, collection and processing of key documents in dealer exit process
- Consistently track process and log all activities and details into project management CRM
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or similar field required
- 5+ years of sales and/or marketing experience
- Proven track record of driving results in a fast-paced environment In-depth knowledge of dealers and the channels in which they operate
- Candidate must be detail-oriented with organization, communication, project management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and interact with all levels of management
- Self-confidence and track record of success professionally managing difficult conversations under contentious circumstances
- Location - Medina Facility, Medina, MN
- Corporate office environment
- Travel required, up to 50% of the time
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Channel Development Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US