Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2651
Requisition Number: 12569BR
Responsible for leading the electrical design process ofIndian Motorcycle Electricalrelated systems from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Determines ideal electrical component placement and manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
- Determines nature and type of electronic models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
- Participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 5 years minimum related design experience.
- Required - extensive experience with Pro-Engineer (Creo 2.0 or 3.0) .
- Desired - extensive experience with Pro/Cabling.
- Desired - extensive experience with Routed System Designer (RSD) & Creo Schematics 2.0 or 3.0.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead major process change in a way that enhances overall corporate performance.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Direct and coordinate contract design team.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Fast paced office environment
- Travel as needed (less than 10%)
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Layout Designer-Electrical
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US