Powertrain Engineering Test Lab Supervisor - Wyoming, MN
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2652
Requisition Number: 12568BR
Lead powertrain test laboratory execution with new cell design, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting from our Wyoming, MN Development Facility while developing new powersports technologies. Our vision is to fuel the passion of riders, workers and outdoors enthusiasts around the world by delivering innovative, high-quality vehicles, products, services and experiences that enrich their lives. Polaris has vast technical resources with several high-feature dyno cells and emissions benches, along with world-class workbays.
- This position reports to the dept manager and includes project, personnel management, configuring, scheduling/operating and maintaining the Powertrain test facility to execute projects.
- Oversee the implementation of Polaris's safety and quality initiatives.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of technicians/technologists/engineers who are developing and testing advanced internal combustion engine hardware and controls,calibrations, and transmissions, both in the test lab and in the field.
- Balance incoming workload with resources available.
- Ensure open communication with the calibration, combustion, development, project, and validation groups to support programs and their successful launches.
- Identify improvements to lab efficiency, and be a strong contributor to the capital planning and execution process.
- Requires a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 10 years of experience in Powertrain dynamometer test cell systems design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Preferred to have at least 2 years of experience managing engineering teams or general personnel. Must have sufficient knowledge of facility support systems (HVAC, Process Water, Electrical, etc.) operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting to identify when appropriate experts are needed.
- Must have experience with data acquisition/control equipment integration, design, calibration, troubleshooting and operation - ideally including emissions measurement.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have hands-on test lab experience.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical aspects of engine/powertrain/vehicle testing and understanding of internal combustion engines, transmissions required.
- Must be highly motivated and able to manage multiple assignments concurrently with limited supervision.
**Position may be filled as Sr. Supervisor, depending on candidate background, education & experience.**
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Engineering Test Lab Supervisor - Wyoming, MN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US