Finance Manager Global Logistics
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2653
Requisition Number: 12554BR
Responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for financial activities for Global Logistics and Inventory at Polaris Industries. Manages financial analysis activities for supply chain, logistics, packaging and inventory and guides team on the impact to strategic objectives. Key leader in continuous improvement initiatives in the Supply Chain organization, driving improvements in processes, systems, budgeting, reporting, and Operations VIP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Global logistics budget and forecast process identifying key internal and external opportunities and challenges.
- Lead financial close and analysis of monthly results versus budget and forecast. Provide recommendations and direction for the supply chain and logistics group based on trends. Monthly balance sheet analysis required.
- Lead Global Inventory consolidation and reporting for raw material and finished goods.
- Lead, support and challenge business case development for major investments, Value Improvement (VIP) initiatives, and logistics network changes.
- Responsible for on-going review, audit and compliance of logistics financial systems and activities to ensure compliance with company policies and GAAP.
- Preparation, review and approval of all capital project activity for returnable containers and crates.
- Manage direct US (2) and Europe indirect (1) reports and provide a positive working environment.
- Works with third parties to ensure integrity of data.
- Miscellaneous projects and ad hoc analysis as required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is required, an MBA is preferred.
- A high level of PC applications and mainframe systems knowledge is required (Hyperion, Essbase).
- 5-8 years of finance/accounting experience required. Managerial experience is preferred.
- Hands on experience with logistics systems and procurement landed cost concepts required.
- Team player with good communication; influencing and analytical skills.
- Standard, fast-paced office environment.
- Some travel required
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Manager Global Logistics
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US