Product Safety Engineer
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2655
Requisition Number: 12588BR
SummaryAs a member of the Product Safety Engineering team, the Product Safety Engineer shall provide leadership on hazards analysis risk assessments, develop engineering processes, assist product teams, and collaborate cross functionally across Polaris. The Product Safety Engineer will be responsible for the Hazards Analysis Risk Assessment (HARA) process and supporting the use of HARAs by the engineering teams during the Polaris Product Development Process (PDP). Looking for a self-motivated, hands-on engineer to support development and sustainment of Product Safety processes. This role includes working closely with project teams regarding product safety of Polaris vehicles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Own Hazards Analysis Risk Assessment (HARA) Process
- Provide cross-product safety knowledge and be able to assess present and potential safety hazards for Polaris vehicles
- Assist engineering on HARA execution, as needed
- Understand and apply the Polaris Product Development Process
- Collaborate across all product groups to standardize engineering processes
- Develop detailed processes, guidelines and/or trainings to define engineering requirements for Product Development Process (PDP) Design Reviews
- Manage Safety Critical Parts list
- Collaborate with key functional safety and electrical engineering leaders on application and interpretation of ISO 26262 within Polaris
- Benchmarks industry on safety systems and future technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent required
- 1-3 years of experience in product engineering or product safety preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and work in cooperation with cross-functional teams
- Experience with FMEA preferred
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to read and understand industry standards and technical documentation
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Safety Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US