Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2661
Requisition Number: 12582BR
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for functional technical leadership of engineering programs and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Design leading edge ORV products to help ensure increased profitability and market share.
2. Generate innovative design concepts that enable us to better satisfy customer expectation and develop new market niches.
3. Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function.
4. Utilize the Polaris product development process.
5. Plans, conducts and supervises technical assignments. Reviews progress and evaluates results.
6. Establishes projected part and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
7. Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule.
8. Participates in design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
9. Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
10. Represents the company at engineering/legal standards conformance meetings; prepares record searches, depositions, site and vehicle examination reports.
11. Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required.
2. 3 years minimum previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred.
3. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
4. Creative and innovative.
5. Decisive and prone to action.
6. Quality and customer focused.
7. Pro-E experience preferred.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, Project
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US