Powertrain Program Leader - Indian Motorcycle - Wyoming, MN
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2666
Requisition Number: 12548BR
JOB SUMMARY: Manages, directs and monitors Powertrain design and development programs from concept to production to achieve program objectives within a specified time schedule
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages large scale programs that are 2-3 years in length with significant financial investment
- Manages cross-functional Powertrain program team(s) to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements; responsible for the overall success of the program
- Directs the Powertrain program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; manages programs through a gated process; considered a subject matter expert in the gated process
- Responsible for the key decisions that drive the program objectives and metrics
- Manages the assigned Powertrain team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes; collaborates with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate
- Insures that manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities of the team to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members; supports accessory and service part planning and execution; drives necessary trade-offs to ensure program success
- Drives the development testing as required through technical leads to analyze problems and recommends possible solutions
- Manages resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with functional managers
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success
- Assists functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts
- Provides technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications;
- Coaches, develops, and potentially supervises Project leaders, Engineers and Engineering Development Associates
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lead and influence and manage team members located in remote or offsite locations
- Willing to travel up to 20%, some travel may be out of country
- BS Engineering Degree required, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of program leadership or engineering project leadership experience, in similar industry; strong technical background, ideally in powertrains
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills; a subject matter expert in the application of project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to understand how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally
- Strong ability to manage by influence with strong leadership skills and ability
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication)
- Understands the voice of customer to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to supervise people if necessary
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff
- Decisive and prone to action; must be quality-oriented and customer focused
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Dynamic and fast paced office environment
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Program Leader - Indian Motorcycle - Wyoming, MN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US