Spec, Publications Development
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2669
Requisition Number: 12612BR
JOB SUMMARY:Manage activities related to development, maintenance and routing of illustrated replacement parts catalogs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce complete, clear and accurate illustrated parts books by analyzing Bills of Material (BOMs), AS400, and CAD data to identify serviceable parts
- Ability to develop and maintain complex illustrations of parts and assembly using CREO Illustrate, Isodraw, as well as other publishing tools.
- Interact with product group specialists (Project Assistants, Project Engineers, Service Engineers etc.) to resolve issues relating to serviceable parts and BOMs.
- Provide direction to Publications Database Management Specialist for parts catalog development and revisions.
- Support service parts team with early information for new service parts setup.
- Act as a problem resolution resource within department and within Polaris, particularly as related to dealer and consumer parts-based questions (i.e. historical parts data).
- Provide general technical and consulting support for other Polaris technical publications.
- Use Windchill to review engineering changes and determine the impact on the service parts and drawings to revise existing electronic parts catalog information.
- Execute Lean initiatives. Drive out waste in processes and systems. Increase productivity, speed and quality/accuracy.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator, verbally and through graphic visualizations.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to learn essential software as required for the position.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Experience with CREO, or other CAD modeling software.
- A basic understanding of 3D modeling and 2D engineering documents.
- Ability to read blueprints is desired.
- Experience using AS400 desired.
- Polaris product or powersports industry knowledge, hands-on mechanical experience understanding of basic mechanical concepts preferred.
Very fast-paced, dynamic culture in an office environment Travel as needed (approximately 5-10%)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Spec, Publications Development
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US