Program Leader - Commercial, Government, & Defense
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2673
Requisition Number: 12615BR
JOB SUMMARY: Program Leader
Responsible for technical and functional leadership of military off-road product development focusing on the MRZR platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop leading edge Military ORV products with focus on diesel, gas and electrical powertrain systems.
- Work closely with the government liaison ensuring that the specified deliverables are met and the project tracks to budget.
- Responsible for the key decisions that drive the program objectives and metrics.
- Ensures manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members; supports accessory and service part planning and execution; drives necessary trade-offs to ensure program success.
- Manages resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with functional managers
- Assists functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
- Establishes projected part and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
- Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule.
- Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
- Utilize the Polaris product development process.
- Coaches, develops, and potentially supervises Project Leaders, Engineers and Engineering Development Associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Engineering Degree
- 5 or more years of program leadership or engineering project/design leadership experience in similar industry.
- Strong technical background, including technical understanding of Polaris ORV products, or similar vehicles.
- Ability to gain access to military and government installations in the United States required. Prior military service or program experience preferred.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills; a subject matter expert in the application of project management tools and methodologies.
- Ability to manage by influence with strong leadership skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication).
- Ability to supervise people if necessary.
- Decisive and prone to action. Must be quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Dynamic and fast paced office environment.
- Some travel required <30>
About this location
This opportunity can be located in either Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN. Wyoming, MN is located less than an hour north of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Enjoy both the peace and quiet of a smaller community and the close convenience of a large city. The facility is located on over 600 acres adjacent to wildlife management land, allowing for private trails to validate our fun products. The Roseau, MN facility is just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor persons dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Program Leader - Commercial, Government, & Defense
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US