Manager, Defense Business Development
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2676
Requisition Number: 12620BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate significant new business via vehicles sales to U.S. Department of Defense and other government agencies
- Proactively identify new opportunities
- Develop business case plans with results oriented strategies & tactics & apply to PDP
- Lead capture plans based with sound win strategies and course of actions
- Must communicate effectively with military & government customers on their current and future requirements
- Provide leadership on voice of the customer into the Polaris business planning and forecasting processes, including product capabilities, product pricing, proposals and product volume planning
- Make pursuit recommendations including bid/no bid recommendations
- Identify, develop and manage industry partners as needed to meet growth objectives
- Leverage demonstrations, tradeshows, conferences, or other marketing events
- Work and communicate with a wide range of personnel in varying levels of responsibility
- Quickly develop and maintain a robust technical understanding of Polaris Ultra-Light vehicles, such as the MRZR and DAGOR
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- B.A/B.S. degree in a related field, or equivalent in previous experience
- 10+ years of military experience in areas familiar with All Terrain Vehicles, Robotic type vehicles, Utility type Vehicles, potential next generation ground vehicles and military vehicle accessories Strong understanding of defense industry
- Previous military experience preferred
- Military Logistics experience
- Proven technical aptitude to understand Polaris products and communicate technical issues related to the products
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused
- PC skills
- Self starter and problem solver
- Strong mission focus with a passionate and demanding customer base
- Fast-paced office environment
- Travel approximately 40-50%
- Operate with minimal supervision
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Defense Business Development
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US