Engineer, Supplier Quality
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2677
Requisition Number: 12621BR
Perform proactive Quality Assurance responsibilities and support Supplier development actions for all purchased components; systems; and whole goods that contribute to successful product launches and support existing production quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses experience and quality engineering principles to assure quality of supplied safety critical components.
- Uses experience and quality engineering principles to develop strategy and tools for Polaris' supplier quality system & supply chain management improvement with a focus on standard work.
- Drives Lean principles & practices with recognized impact with regards to subject matter expertise in both the Polaris' supplier quality systems and the supply chain.
- Drives best practices and provides direction on the strategy development and implementation for assigned categories in alignment with the broader supply chain strategy.
- Conduct Supplier Training, Quality Audits, Process Audits, and Improvement Events
- Execute Root Cause Problem Solving & Corrective/Preventative Action.
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Manage multiple APQP projects for critical launches and assess supplier production readiness via PPAP, pulse order, & R@R.
- Perform Quality System Audits on suppliers and make recommendations for suitability to Polaris requirements and development needs (primary focus on electrical).
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technical field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience preferred with depth of knowledge in electronics/electrical
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to QMS, SPC, APQP, 8D, PPAP, CAPA, and Quality Systems
- Quality System / Manufacturing Process Auditing Experience with knowledge of ISO 9001/ TS 16949 requirements.
- Robust technical problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with documenting and conveying technical information.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally internally as well as with a diverse / global supply base.
- Flexibility to travel as required (up to an average of 20%) to supplier locations both domestic and international.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external employees (top executive level to manufacturing operator level).
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, Supplier Quality
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US