Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2679
Requisition Number: 12622BR
Interacts with Post Sales Surveillance team, customers, and dealers to investigate incidents related to safety to determine root cause, documenting and communicating findings to broader team.Complete field inspection of Polaris products or accident investigations when appropriate.
· Compile, analyze, and communicate data collected from accident investigations through interaction with Post Sales Surveillance team members, customers and dealer contacts.
· Perform Engineering reviews, document and disposition safety related claims.
· When appropriate, initiate, support or participate in field inspections of vehicles or in-service vehicles.
· In collaboration with legal and product engineering, assist in compiling and documenting information required by governing agencies.
· Work with cross-functional teams to identify potential product safety issues that should be understood in more detail.
· Give testimony (depositions, affidavits, and at trial) as requested by counsel.
· As needed, participate in and make suggestions regarding safety during the review of current and future products.
· Develop plans and interact cross-functionally to ensure safety considerations are being appropriately addressed.
· BS degree in Engineering or related technical field required.
· Minimum 3 years engineering and/or product investigation experience (preferably with consumer products).
· Knowledge of vehicles systems or areas such as powertrain, chassis, electrical, crashworthiness, strongly preferred.
· Proven analytical skills, ability to root cause and problem solve.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups.
No work visa or residency sponsorship available for this job opening
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Investigation Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US