Manufacturing Engineer - Tube Fabrication
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2690
Requisition Number: 12624BR
Responsible for establishing and implementing the most cost efficient methods for production within our Tube Fabrication department. Plans and coordinates the activities necessary to produce specified products within safety, quality and cost standards. Also ensures schedule compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
- Defines tooling and fixturing used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify or procure new tooling, fixtures and ideas and fixtures.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solution to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and work station layout.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
- Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
- Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Assists in preparation of departmental budget including material, manpower, equipment and outside procurement costs, and operates within approved parameters.
- Reviews and evaluates cost pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development.
- Process purchase requisitions and records as required.
- Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
- Complete company provided training.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years of Mfg. Engineering experience.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Proficiency with PC's.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Exhaust Manufacturing a plus
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer - Tube Fabrication
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US