CAE Systems Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2693
Requisition Number: 12666BR
The CAE Systems Engineer willbe responsible for analyzing the overall vehicle system and sub-system performanceand supporting the specific hardware/software requirements and interfacedefinition. Work with the other systems owners and technical leads responsiblefor components to ensure their control/hardware designs meet the system level requirements.Involved with the latest hardware/softwaretechnology in the Polaris vehicles portfolio for both current and futurevehicles. Work with a high-performance team and will be responsible fordirectly affecting the quality, durability and performance of future vehiclesmanufactured by Polaris.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Early Integration; Analyze the integration of components within the powertrain/chassis system and perform early tradeoff analysis to determine optimized design parameters. Balance vehicle level requirements with system/sub-system requirements.
- Attribute Engineering; Ownand maintain the overall vehicle system characterization. Support technicalreviews with suppliers. Represent and control interfaces in the system DFMEAand boundary diagrams. Assist functional groups with the creation of DVP&R'sbased off requirements.
- System Analysis; Makedesign recommendations and suggest countermeasures for optimizing vehiclerange, energy usage and duty cycle. Ensure proper thermalsystem balance for specific hardware. Provide input for risk mitigationstrategies and recommend design changes when needed.
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring; Champion system design strategies amongst the engineering design teams, component engineers and control systems architects. Reporting and documentation including interpretation to peers and leadership.
- Standard Practice; Contribute to the development of technical specifications and design requirements. Work in a team based peer group environment to drive continuous improvement.
- Methods Development; Implementation ofcustomer focused Polaris specific analysis processes and best practices. Analysis automation, tool selection andcontinuous improvement.
- B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
- Skills with 1-D system tools, AMESIM, GT-Power and or similar system level tools.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of automotive energy storage systems, powertrain and mechanical/electrical hardware.
- Strong understanding of multi-disciplinary systems, Mechatronics experience preferred.
- Strong overall knowledge of the vehicle development process, including experimental correlation and product validation. Strong working knowledge of product safety and quality principles.
- Strong problem solving skills, adapting any and all tools for data based decision making.
- Strong, clear communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites. Communicate across global cross-functional design teams.
- 3-5 years' system design experience.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Some travel required between Polaris sites.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: CAE Systems Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US