UI Software Engineer, Infotainment
Location: Sunnyvale, California US
Job Number: 2701
Requisition Number: 12673BR
Polaris, a global powersports leader in off-road vehicles, motorcycles and snowmobiles, is looking for an experienced and passionate Software Engineer to develop User Interfaces for our embedded Linux-based systems. This is an exciting role on the Ride Command team providing Infotainment and Connected Rider solutions. You will have the opportunity to directly impact product and new technology initiatives at Polaris. The ideal candidate possesses strong coding, problem solving, and communication skills, and is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment. Interest in Powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and implement flexible, reusable UI software modules for embedded automotive / powersports platforms.
• Work closely with UI/UX designers to validate and realize concepts.
• Provide technical guidance on feasibility and offer innovative solutions.
• Deploy software on embedded targets and participate in integration and debugging sessions with team.
• Coordinate and align with local and remote engineering and design teams to ensure project timelines are met.
• Participate in an iterative design/development process to produce amazing team results.
• Produce high quality code. While we have QA and validation teams, we expect developers to write unit tests and contribute to test automation frameworks.
• Contribute to technical solutions from design through code, test, peer review, and documentation.
• Participate in peer reviews and provide feedback on architecture and code
• Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience
• Be an active participant in and help enhance an agile development environment
• Take necessary measures to ensure cross-pollination of feature architecture and development
• Mentor junior engineers to grow team's skill set
• Constantly look for ways to increase the team's velocity/productivity by eliminating waste
• Target zero surprises; proactively react to the surprises
• Help build and maintain high team morale
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
• Bachelors and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
• Proven experience in design and implementation of user interfaces for embedded applications and/or mobile devices with modern UI/graphics frameworks.
• Excellent coding skills with C, C++, Qt/QML.
• Solid knowledge and hands-on project experience in software projects using Linux.
• Excellent knowledge on Compilers & Debuggers for ARM-based development.
• Excellent software design and coding skills and a working knowledge of software quality principles, including unit testing and code coverage analysis.
• Experience in agile collaboration models (e.g. Kanban/Scrum) and demonstrated ability to effectively setup and steer distributed developments including necessary integration and release steps.
• A passion and dedication for developing great user experience on modern user interfaces with an emphasis on real-world usability.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ADVANTAGEOUS FOR CONSIDERATION::
• Previous experience in User Interface development for automotive infotainment applications.
• Experience with Qt Automotive.
• Knowledge on third party component integration like CAN stack, WiFi/Bluetooth, Navigation, or Network Management.
• Experience developing embedded applications on Linux.
• Experience with mobile frameworks including iOS/Android.
• Desire to build the most intuitive and best performing User Interfaces
• A passion for powersports and the great outdoors.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: UI Software Engineer, Infotainment
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunnyvale, California US