Regional Retail Manager
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2708
Requisition Number: 12678BR
Equal parts thinker and doer. You thrive not only white-boarding strategies and problem solving, but also traveling to markets, picking up the phone, getting involved - getting your hands dirty and getting it done. This role is a critical element in elevating the in-store performance and execution of the Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot brands as well as acting as a value added partner to dealerships in assigned territory.
The Regional Retail Manager (RRM) for Motorcycles is responsible for leading, developing and managing a team of field based, in-store Retail Experience Managers in assigned region to deliver retail and parts, garments and apparel (PGA) objectives. RRM will ensure industry leading in-store customer experience through improving retail behaviors, Parts, Garments and Accessories (PGA) stocking and merchandising, and in-store training. RRM also responsible for communicating competitive trends, customer insights, and acts as voice of the dealer network for assigned region.
ESSENTIALDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead, motivate and coach Retail Experience Managers to achieve regional, division and corporate goals through standard work and proactive planning.
· Manage and holds team accountable for development and execution of territory plans, execution of standard work, and delivering solicitation objectives.
· Collaborative / Cross Functional: Must partner with internal stakeholders including RRM (Dealer Sales), Brand, Channel, Market Development and PGA teams to deliver inputs, outputs and business unit objectives.
· Retail / Demo / Lead follow up: Partners with stakeholders to deliver retail, demo and lead follow up objectives within assigned territory.
· Problem solver: Identifies risks and opportunities relating to business deliverables. Develops market / district / regional countermeasures in conjunction with brand, DSM, market development and customer experience teams.
· PGA: Develops strategy, plans and tactics to achieve regional PGA stocking, merchandising, retail and revenue goals.
· Process training: Ensure team is delivering appropriate training relating to improve in-store dealer processes relating to sales process, lead follow up, demos, and PGA sales process.
· Training: Responsible for ensuring region's dealerships are trained on product and customer experience aligned with direction of MC division.
· Customer Experience: Delivering in-store customer experience. Net Promoter score, reputation management.
· Brand: Responsible for delivering the Motorcycle brand experience in the region's dealerships by assuring dealers meet brand standards.
· Travels with Retail Experience Managers to evaluate effectiveness of REM and dealerships in executing assigned deliverables.
· Identifies best practices to be shared regionally and nationally.
· Monitors and reports competitive activity and recommends strategies to respond to competition; provides input to Motorcycle leadership with regard to field activities and perspective
· Provides reporting and analysis as needed by management to monitor business
· Develop, manage and control annual regional budget
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or equivalent education
· 7-10 years of field sales, retail sales or merchandising experience and sales administration capability with proven track record required
· Previous experience in a management role, including supervision of remote staff preferred
· Experience with 2-tier distribution network strategy, Powersports industry experience preferred
· Strong sales and influencing skills required
· Leadership and coaching skills
· Extensive travel within region, up to 75%. Some travel to other locations and corporate functions will be required.
· Office environment with support from corporate location
· Fast Paced
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Retail Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US