Materials Analyst - Sunburst
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2709
Requisition Number: 12697BR
Dependent upon candidate location we can be flexible to have this position reside in Medina, MN; Osceola, WI; Spirit Lake, IA; Roseau, MN
The Resourcing Materials Analyst is responsible for the execution of specific part numbers that are being moved from one supplier to another. This includes, but is not limited to, the management of the ramp down of incumbent part numbers and the ramp up new suppliers and part numbers all while managing inventory levels to meet or exceed corporate goals and objectives. Working the order to delivery phase of purchased parts supplied across the enterprise while working with the Central Materials team through a guided hand-off once specific criteria are met and, working with the assigned Sourcing leads by category team.
- Managing the ramp down of incumbent suppliers and ramp up of new suppliers being sure to measure and track issues as it relates to shortages while escalating where needed
- Directly work with Engineering in determining effectivity date that supports the best possible inventory outcome while keeping production demand covered and simultaneously moving to the new part/supplier as quickly as possible to ensure we hit our cost savings targets
- Assists both Sourcing and Engineering with understanding inventory impacts and effectivity date decisions while keeping Corporate Materials and Manufacturing cognizant
- Directly work with assigned Sourcing members for new part/Supplier integration and release
- Coordinates expedite activity and bank builds as appropriate to proper locations while updating the ERP system to ensure proper visibility and flow
- Manage inventory, related to resourcing, at an enterprise level that align with corporate goals
- Multi-Site planning and inventory responsibility
- Manage POs to satisfy manufacturing requirements
- Manage/work with 3rd party vendors
- Analyze Inventory for opportunities to improve turns and identify excess
- Understand and be able to interpret International Trade Compliance rules and practices and how they relate to the shipment and delivery of goods
- Coordinate the disposition of inactive, excess and obsolete inventory
- Monitors and reacts to MRP exception messages and communicates/escalates, as appropriate
- Communicates delays, shortages, problems, issues relating to shipments and/or inventory levels of purchased items to Production, Purchasing, and Logistics
- Work with Suppliers and Logistics as needed to expedite deliveries resulting from inventory variances, rejections, or late deliveries
- Resolve/Review receiving issues (i.e. Over/short, labeling, keying errors, etc) with Receiving personnel at appropriate manufacturing site
- Maintenance of inventory planning parameters aligned to corporate objectives and order policies to ensure effective Material system execution
- Work with Supplier and SIOP on proposed schedule changes
- Assist Accounts Payable in resolving receiving and/or invoicing discrepancies
Skills & Knowledge
- BA/BS degree required.
- 2-5 years of experience in purchasing, planning or materials
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and functions
- Knowledge of International Trade Compliance rules and practices
- Strong, quick decision making skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including intercultural communication
- Must have current PC/software proficiency including Microsoft Office with multiple tasks
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize large amount of data quickly and stay calm under pressure
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Analyst - Sunburst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US