Technical Parts Rep
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2710
Requisition Number: 12696BR
Provide industry-leading technical parts support and deliver exceptional customer service to the Polaris network of dealers, consumers and 3rd party vendors. Drive process improvement and productivity by identifying and leading initiatives that reduce contact volume of parts questions. Promote quality by actively pursuing feedback and representing the voice of dealers to internal cross-functional teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a subject matter expert on Polaris vehicles, parts and accessories; providing accurate fitment, diagnosis and support.
- Provide industry-leading service part and accessory fitment support to Polaris dealers, internal Polaris representatives, outsource call center representatives and direct to consumers via telephone and online communication system.
- Assist in the development, review and feedback for product catalogs, accessory catalogs, videos, team tip articles, bulletin information, part numbers, repair procedures, and training material.
- Execute Technical Parts escalations and assists Customer Service to drive case resolution.
- Participate in initiatives with engineering, PG&A, and product groups to help bring awareness and drive resolution.
- Participate in cross-functional projects to improve the dealer experience.
- Build relationships with technical staff, PG&A staff, social media support staff, consumers, dealers and all others providing parts and accessory support.
- Listen, respond and follow-up to dealer requests and log the contact. Consistently log case information when supporting internal staff on existing cases.
- Additional duties as required by the needs of the department or company.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 2-year degree required; 4-year degree preferred.
- 2 years of directly-related work experience in customer service. Parts counter work in dealership environment a plus.
- Strong desire to deliver industry-leading service and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Strong problem solving ability with prioritization and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and advocate for needed changes.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Mechanical aptitude in powersports and/or automotive desired.
- Ability to understand and communicate about mechanical systems using technical drawings, physical examples and product knowledge.
- Proficient PC skills - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient in AS400, Oracle and Calabrio preferred.
- Fast-paced office environment.
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Parts Rep
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US