Sr. Development Engineer - Powertrain - Roseau, MN
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2719
Requisition Number: 12715BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High levels of interaction and cooperation with the Integrated Product Team (Powertrain Hardware Development Engineer, Chassis Electrical Engineer, Lead Design Engineer) with specific focus and responsibility for electrical subsystems as applied to the control and operation of powertrain systems within the vehicle application.
- Apply engineering principles and experience to develop, specify and select test procedures and equipment necessary to conduct performance and system development testing on Polaris engines.
- Internal support of field calibration team to develop and test calibrations. Setup and guidance of dyno calibrations for base as well as confirmation of field data. Including but not limited to:
- Develop new software and hardware tools to aid in the calibration process
- Develop metrics for limit testing
- Develop engine dyno, chassis dyno and field correlation metrics and tools
- Develop improved calibration protocols for efficiency improvements and streamlining of process
- Develop and test engine control strategies. Work with integrated product team to coordinate development and testing aspects of engine management control hardware/software development projects: develops test criteria, systems requirements specifications, exhaust system, engine mounting, heat and vibration verification.
- Set goals, objectives and schedules for testing and work with integrated product team to achieve these criteria.
- Responsible for data integrity and all technical aspects of the testing process and reports.
- Record and analyze test data using statistical, analytical, and other state of the art techniques. Prepare and present documentation as required to assist team in final selection review as well as justifications.
- Participate in root cause failure analysis at end of test. Find and recommend practical solutions for specific failure modes. Key participant in DMFEA.
- Testing and failure analysis support for specific engine assembly production problems.
- Guide and document best engineering standard practices for a global engineering team. Participate in powertrain system and electrical subsystem peer teams (4-6 product development team members).
- Work directly with external ECU suppliers for engine hardware and software. Coordinate and validate diagnostic detection with ECU and calibration releases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· BS or MS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant engineering experience
- Experience with electrical testing methods and engine testing equipment
- Technical knowledge demonstrated by broad practical experience with engines and/or electrical systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced dynamic team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- High performance 2 stroke engine application experience preferably in Powersports
- Experience with AVL Concerto in indicating equipment a benefit
- Experience with ETAS, HBM and Racepak data acquisition a plus
- Engine Electrical System and Sensors
- Engine Management and Control Systems
- Fuel Injector Characteristics and Spray patterns
- Basic engine mechanical systems
- Other electrical development testing background
- High performance integrated product team for recreational vehicle products
- Fast paced lab testing and field testing environment
- Flexible and creative work structure
- Travel as needed (Up to 25%)
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Development Engineer - Powertrain - Roseau, MN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US