Development Technician- VIP
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2724
Requisition Number: 12719BR
SUMMARY: Development Technician to support better product understanding through benchmarking and whole-vehicle teardown including engine, driveline, suspension, brakes, frames and other related items. Detailed documentation throughout process is required.
- Creative and effective analysis of Polaris and Competitive vehicles
- Self-motivated, can follow instructions and gels easily with a team
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble powersports vehicles with attention to detail
- Knowledge of various part production methods used on powersports vehicles; examples include fabrication, machining, welding, castings, injection molding, electrical, etc.
- Knowledge of various systems used on powersports vehicles; examples include electrical, lighting, frames, suspension, brakes, fuel, powertrain, driveline, wheels, etc.
- May do evaluation tests on vehicles or sub-systems as needed
- Work safely in all aspects of product development and testing, following policies and OSHA requirements
- Keep good records and write reports for vehicles torn down
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Maintain a clean work area
- Provide detailed ideas to improve quality, introduce new technologies and cost reduce different Polaris products
- Assist in organizing parts review workshops for cross functional teams inside Polaris
- Organize and label parts to be stored in an "easy to find" manner
- Thoroughly document all parts removed from vehicle including part numbers, data collection and photographing
- Preferred education- 2 year degree in technical field (ie: automotive, small engines, powersports, mechanical, engineering)
- Preferred experience includes some time in a dealership setting
- Computer skills required - digital photography, Word, Excel, PPT
- Good self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed
- Able to communicate professionally
- Able to drive project to timely completion
- Capable of reading blueprints (understanding basic measurements)
- Capable of using different measuring tools such as calipers, ultrasonic sensors and XRF guns to provide accurate data
- Valid motorcycle endorsement with on-road motorcycle riding experience
- Experience with operation of off-road vehicles such as ATV, Rangers, or RZRs
- Experience with operation of snowmobiles
- Fork lift operating certification
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Technician- VIP
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US