Embedded Software Lead
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2731
Requisition Number: 12722BR
Polaris, a global powersports leader in off-road vehicles, motorcycles and snowmobiles, is looking for an experienced and passionate Software professional to lead the development of Connected Vehicle technologies on embedded Linux-based systems. This is an exciting role on the Ride Command team providing Connected Rider solutions. You will have the opportunity to directly impact product and new technology initiatives at Polaris. The ideal candidate possesses strong team, coding, problem solving, and communication skills, and is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment. Interest in Powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the design and implementation of flexible, reusable software for Connected Vehicle on our embedded automotive / powersports platforms.
- Act as a "player/coach" for the engineering team, leading by example .
- Provide technical guidance on feasibility and offer innovative solutions.
- Deploy software on embedded targets and participate in integration and debugging sessions with team.
- Lead and co-ordinate efforts on code reviews, bug triage, build processes, etc.
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience
- Be an active participant in and help enhance an Agile development environment
- Design, develop and integrate Connected Vehicle technologies for Polaris.
- Implement CAN bus read/write for diagnostics and Software OTA operations.
- Implement robust software updating functionality for Linux.
- Extend existing Infotainment software to support Connected Vehicle functionality.
- Work in sandboxes and on production-parallel branches for Proof of Concept and Prototype projects.
- Integrate with third-party connected vehicle libraries, solutions, and partners.
- Keep a security-focused mindset throughout.
- Help build and maintain high team morale
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience leading a software team of highly skilled developers.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on project experience in software projects using Linux.
- Excellent coding skills with: C, C++ on ARM processors running Linux.
- Experience developing embedded applications on Linux.
- Knowledge of compilers & debuggers for ARM-based development.
- Excellent software design and coding skills and a working knowledge of software quality principles, including unit testing and code coverage analysis.
- Experience in agile collaboration models (e.g. Kanban/Scrum) and demonstrated ability to effectively setup and steer distributed developments including necessary integration and release steps.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Previous experience developing automotive infotainment or connected vehicle software.
- Experience using CAN stack software (CANAnalyer, Kvaser, Vector, etc.).
- Experience developing and debugging Linux installers and booting on ARM, including SecureBoot.
- Experience with automotive diagnostic software, such as ODX.
- Experience with PKI and digital encryption and signature technologies.
- A passion for powersports and the great outdoors.
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Embedded Software Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US