Lead Cloud Engineer, Connected Vehicle
Location: Sunnyvale, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2732
Requisition Number: 12723BR
Polaris, a global powersports leader in off-road vehicles, motorcycles and snowmobiles, is looking for an experienced and passionate Software professional to develop and integrate Connected Vehicle cloud technologies. This is an exciting role on the Ride Command team providing Connected Rider solutions. You will have the opportunity to directly impact product and new technology initiatives at Polaris. The ideal candidate possesses strong team, coding, problem solving, and communication skills, and is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment. Interest in Powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver performant and maintainable web services that support vehicle software updates and telemetry ingestion
- Full-lifecycle software development - from technical requirement definition through production support
- Integration of Polaris software with third-party libraries and systems, with a focus on loose coupling that facilitates issue root cause analysis and eases patch uptake
- Leverage VPC vendor(s) to implement scalable & highly-available, yet cost-effective, cloud assets
- Meet or exceed uptime SLAs though fault-tolerant design and incident management process definition
- Work seamlessly alongside mobile and embedded developers
- Ensure quality via judicious unit testing, peer review, and development standards definition
- Mentor fellow developers and influence by informing
- Aggressively stay abreast of industry standards in security and privacy
- Successfully collaborate with the full spectrum of stakeholders including non-technical personnel
- Maintain a security-focused mindset
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated success delivering quality software against milestones
- Deep knowledge of one or more leading cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/Google)
- Expert-level experience developing REST services using object-oriented languages
- Excellent knowledge of CI/CD practices and Jenkins
- Skilled in multiple database technologies (NoSQL, RDBMS)
- Unit test automation and code coverage analysis expertise
- Solid Linux knowledge
- Experience in agile collaboration models (e.g. Kanban/Scrum)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Previous IoT/Telematics/Manufacturing experience, preferably in transformational enterprise programs
- Business Intelligence/Analytics experience including data blending, metric definition and dashboarding
- Experience with PKI and digital encryption and signature technologies.
- Working knowledge of AI and Machine Learning tools
- A passion for powersports and the great outdoors
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Cloud Engineer, Connected Vehicle
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sunnyvale, Minnesota US