Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2744
Requisition Number: 12753BR
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for setup and execution of off-road vehicle electronics and electromechanical development, validation, and certification activities for off-road vehicles. Works closely with engineers to manage development and validation activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vehicle assembly, instrumentation, measurement, and data collection as it pertains to development and validation activities.
- Develop test procedures necessary to conduct performance, function and durability tests.
- Build prototypes (including harnesses, printed circuit board assembly, mounts) and evaluate new system technologies.
- Leverage calibration and design tools in order to modify existing electrical / electromechanical systems for prototype evaluations.
- Conduct and/or lead effort to complete development, validation, and certification tests.
- Support project teams in determining development and validation issue root causes and provide potential solutions.
- Must be detail orientated, able to keep good records, and write test reports.
- Effectively communicate test results & provide recommendations.
- Operate and setup test equipment and software with ability to write simple software scripting as it pertains to tests.
- Instrument vehicles to measure strain, acceleration, force, voltage, current, temps, CAN messages, etc.
- Record and analyze test data.
- Perform maintenance and change or modify machines to prepare for testing.
- Manage test equipment; track inventory, stock supplies, tech support, maintenance, etc.
- Specify and procure new test equipment.
- Train and mentor others in testing methodologies.
- Must be willing to travel periodically
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements.
- Ability to present self professionally and work with people outside of Polaris.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- 2 or 4 year Technical degree in electronics, automotive/ag technology, or similar field preferred.
- Electrical circuits and troubleshooting experience required.
- Data collection and analysis experience required.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software / calibration / testing tools.
- Strong computer and electronics skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Must be capable of operating ORVs in extreme conditions.
- Must be capable of driving truck with trailers (<26>
- Must be capable of operating fork lifts.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Powersports experience preferred.
- Wire harness, soldering, electrical component mounting fabrication experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years mechanic, technician, or technologist experience preferred.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US