Electrical Validation Test Engineer
Location: Open, US
Job Number: 2758
Requisition Number: 12774BR
Description DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and complete the DVP&R for hybrid and semi-autonomous Off road vehicles
- Leads field and lab test durability portion of DVP&R throughout the program.
- Leads the durability and performance testing of integrated systems and full vehicle tests.
- Be a resource to systems engineers to collect data or test design improvements for the resolution of issues.
- Helps with the creation of documents, processes, and procedures for testing and validation of hybrid powertrains, and autonomous integration for off-road products.
- Communication of DVP&R status to project team and management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with hybrid drivetrain and autonomous vehicle controls preferred.
- Strong cross-functional background for the interactions of Electro-Mechanical systems and software
- Experience in the methods of creating and completing a DVP&R for components, systems, and full vehicles.
- Experience in participated in DFMEA's
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experienced with data processing and collection using Dewesoft, Somat Edaq or similar.
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experienced with test planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of field and lab testing with reliability metrics and targets.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Time split between office and shop/test labs.
- Travel up to 10%.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Validation Test Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Open, US