Supplier Quality Engineer - Sunburst Implementation
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2763
Requisition Number: 12784BR
Perform proactive Quality Assurance responsibilities and support Supplier Development actions for all purchased components; systems; and whole goods that contribute to successful product launches and support existing production quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive resolution of quality events related to supplier quality
- Lead cross functional teams to drive root cause of quality events
- Actively collaborate with Suppliers, Polaris purchasing, Engineering, and Plant Quality to lower the number of supplier non-conformances (RMO)
- Review designs / components determined as high risk for correct identification of Key Inspection Characteristics (KICs) and correct application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing principles to ensure measurement and manufacturing feasibility.
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Train suppliers to effectively execute Corrective Actions.
- Promote the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and continuous improvement techniques at Polaris suppliers to help them reduce variability and achieve process control.
- Perform Quality System Audits on suppliers and make recommendations for suitability to Polaris requirements and development needs (primary focus on cast/machine).
- Provide support and feedback to Product Groups when determining existing supplier suitability for future business awards.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4 Year Technical Degree required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing or quality engineering
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated advanced oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and present cross functionally within and outside Polaris Industries Inc. at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to, SPC, APQP, 8D, PPAP, DOE, and Quality Systems
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment
- Self-Starter Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
Fast-paced office environment
First year travel requirements up to 40%, 20% travel expected after first year
This position could be located out of multiple locations including Plymouth, MN, Wyoming, MN or Huntsville, AL.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer - Sunburst Implementation
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US