Powertrain Development Technician
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2766
Requisition Number: 12796BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and update test engine hardware for dyno testing - instrument engine as specified.
- Perform engine hardware and calibration testing to meet requirements for vehicle applications.
- Setup and operate data acquisition and associated software.
- Disassemble and reassemble engines and other powertrain system hardware.
- Update powertrain hardware on development vehicles as needed.
- Operate chassis and engine dynamometers.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of data generated.
- Create, maintain and improve test processes and procedures.
- Maintain a well-organized clean work area that meets OSHA requirements and 5S Methods.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree related to engines and/or minimum of 3 years of experience with high performance small engines.
- Detailed and process oriented.
- Experience assembling and disassembling engines and vehicles are required.
- Fabrication and welding skills desired.
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems and wiring a plus.
- Excellent understanding of internal combustion engines and fuel injection systems.
- Familiarity with dynamometer testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, scan tools, dataloggers).
- Fast paced testing and field environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time to areas in the continental U.S. for field development trips.
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Development Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US