Test Technician (Instrumentation and Test)
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2768
Requisition Number: 12802BR
Job Description: Test Technician (Instrumentation and Test)
Conduct testing on development/concept vehicle components and systems using various lab test equipment. Gather information and data for structural analysis, design, and validation purposes by instrumenting vehicles with test equipment using current procedures. Assist in data collection activities. Some Travel Required.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Operation of vehicle and data collection test equipment
- Motivated self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed
- Diligently follow established engineering procedures and technical specification documents
- Electronic/data recorder troubleshooting
- Team Player (intra/extra organizational)
- Ensure that work area is well maintained and meets OSHA requirements
- Meet tight deadlines
- Multi-task multiple projects at one time
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Provide own technician level tools
- Willingness to learn how to ride power sports products
- Travel, less than 20%
- Minimum 2-year degree or 5 years of experience in equivalent position
- 3+ years of experience in related field
- Familiar with test lab environment
- Use SoMat Edaq data recorder
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong electronics background (DC Circuits)
- General Fabrication Skills (Machining/Welding)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Valid drivers license
- Forklift operation experience
- Power sports experience preferred
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Technician (Instrumentation and Test)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US