Trade Compliance Specialist
Location: Bangalore, IN
Job Number: 2771
Requisition Number: 12803BR
The classification Specialist will work closely with and provide guidance to classification staff located globally.
- Research and determine the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification for the US, Canada, EU, and Norway for finished goods, equipment, raw materials and non-production items.
- Assigning DOT Classification. (The DOT regulates vehicles and certain automotive parts).
- Apply regulatory, judicial, international and/or local Customs' decisions/views to products being classified
- Assist free trade team to resolve HTS related queries/classify products quickly in order to expedite bill of material qualification and supplier solicitation
- Maintain appropriate recordkeeping to support classification determinations
- Determine other government agency requirements applicable to the product
- Inputs classification and other government agency determinations into storage location
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral, are essential
- First level degree or equivalent (Bachelor's degree) is desired; Certification or Diploma in Import/ Export/ Customs/ International Trade preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience in automotive industry or 3-6 years of relevant experience in any other industries.
- Strong in HTS Classification concepts and strategies.
- Exposure working in matrix and global organization
- Good interpersonal skills
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Trade Compliance Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, IN