Powertrain Development Engineer - Wyoming, MN
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2775
Requisition Number: 12812BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support development of specifications for planned program
- Support DFMEA process on components and systems, identifying risks and the required preventative tasks to mitigate.
- Responsible for DVP&R draft/execution and progress updates.
- Coordinate testing aspects of hardware development projects across different sites: develops test criteria, systems requirements specifications, sets rigorous goals, objectives and schedules.
- Record and analyze test data using statistical, analytical, and other state of the art techniques. In a professional manner, researches alternatives, and implement solutions to meet design objectives. Correlate Analysis Lead Design to testing results. Prepare technical summaries.
- Uses experience and engineering principles to develop and specify test procedures and equipment necessary to conduct performance and system development testing on Polaris engines and transmissions.
- High levels of interaction with the Integrated Product Team (Design Engineer, Chassis Application/Test Engineer, Calibration Engineer, Validation Engineer, Project Engineer). Support vehicle integration of a specific engine into a new chassis.
- Leads development meetings for assigned project, coordinating vehicle testing, engine testing, component testing, and calibration activities for the assigned program.
- Recommends and influences new designs or improved engine/transmission components, while working very closely with the design group.
- Key participant, design reviews, hardware teardown reviews, and root cause failure analysis.
- Lead and participate in system and subsystem peer teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required - BS or MS Engineering Degree with a minimum of 2 years of engine/transmission hardware development related experience.
- Experience with dynamometer testing methods and powertrain testing equipment.
- Experience with one or more of the following Powertrain Development Categories: Power Cylinder, Engine Structure, Cranktrain, Valvetrain, Lubrication System, Fuel Injectors and Sprays, Combustion, Engine Airflow, Intake and Exhaust System, Emissions, Performance Development, Transmission Hardware Development and Shift Controls Development.
- Technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and practical experience in powertrain hardware development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft Software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Familiarity with AVL Testing Equipment and Software is a plus (IndiSet, PUMA, Concerto).
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fast paced office, test lab, and field environment - modern facilities with up to date equipment and tools.
- Travel as needed (less than 10%)
**Position could be filled as a senior level engineer, depending oneducation and experience of candidate.**
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Development Engineer - Wyoming, MN
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US