Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2782
Requisition Number: 12824BR
This position will support Polaris Off Road Vehicles (ORV) divisions Test and Validation teams. The primary responsibility will be managing a team of engineers and validation processes to ensure products function according to specifications including reliability, vehicle performance and industry standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a rigorous test and validation process to ensure changes to products are appropriately tested and validated.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of validation personnel to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and as specified.
- Develop and support the validation team to ensure we maintain a technical competitive advantage (state of art equipment, test methods and test processes for new technologies and products)
- Work with platform and systems teams to ensure validation issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Support project teams and systems engineers in determining validation issue root causes and provide potential solutions
- Review Incident Reports (IRs) for proper problem solving and issue resolution with decision making ability to close or keep IRs open
- Prepare and present validation status reports throughout the product development cycle
- Development of validation planning and test monitoring tools to provide actual status of validation testing to project teams
- Create and maintain test documentation management systems to document test procedures, test plans, results and other pertinent information related to validation processes.
- Ensure safety is the top priority for all validation activities.
- Train and mentor others in testing methodologies
- Additional responsibilities include employee performance management, career development, resource planning, budgeting, & personnel selection.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S in engineering or related job experience
- Minimum 5 years testing / validation experience, previous leadership experience desired
- Experience with data collection and data processing
- Knowledge of reliability and quality systems tools desired
- Powersports experience preferred
- Travel <10>
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Validation Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US