Staff Engineer - ORV Brake Systems
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2783
Requisition Number: 12830BR
Technical expert in ORV Brake systems responsible for final system signoff and approval. Also accountable for leading and mentoring a team of brake engineers and designers to design, develop, and validate new ORV suspension systems. Employee will work closely with Project, Design, Test, and Validation Teams to ensure the brake systems are properly specified, meeting key deliverables, and achieving industry leading standards. In addition, must also work with Service, Purchasing, internal Manufacturing, and external vendors. Employee is expected to spend approximately half their time mentoring direct reports and half their time working directly on new brake projects. Position location is preferred to be at the Wyoming, MN or Roseau, MN facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Signatory for Brakes ARRs, PDRs, and CDRs
· Supervise team of 3-5 engineers and designers
· Participate in key project milestones including Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Safety Reviews
· Create specifications for new or modified brake systems
· Initiate and maintain DFMEAs and DVP&Rs for brakes
· Work with the Quality team for root cause analysis activities and document lessons learned
· Gather, analyze, track and report on warranty and other consumer quality information related to system
· Interact and direct resources across multiple engineering sites
· Domestic and international travel can be required (<25>
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent required
- Minimum of10 years of experience in product engineering required
- Expert level knowledge of brake systems required
- Supervisor experience highly preferred
- Must be an excellent communicator and able to present AND teach technical content
- Ability to drive vehicles for tuning and testing purposes preferred
- Experience with MBD software such as Adams/Car and a 3-D CAD modeling package such as Creo preferred
- Experience with bolted joint analysis, GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and experience with engineering standards preferred
- Data acquisition experience preferred
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Engineer - ORV Brake Systems
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US