Product Line Sales Specialist
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2786
Requisition Number: 12822BR
Join Polaris' largest division and most exciting brands within this fast paced, $6B company with aggressive growth objectives. Polaris is the dominant player in the off-road vehicles (ORV) industry, with the #1 market position in brands such as RANGER, RZR, GENERAL and SPORTSMAN. The Product Line Sales Specialist plays a key role in the strategy and planning for ORV promotions, retail and field sales communications. The role also requires ongoing and effective communication between the field and product business teams, as well as the dealer network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes role as direct line of contact to the field sales team on all ORV communications.
- Creates and initiates dealer communications relevant to product line sales specific matters
- Provides "voice of the field" input to support ORV marketing strategy and tactical decision-making
- Interfaces with field sales and dealers to resolve issues and consider special requests such as program exceptions, flooring assistance, coop and retail accelerators
- Supports Dealer Development in all dealer adds or changes as needed
- Key contributor to the overall promotional strategy and objectives
- Assists in the the strategydevelopement, planning and execution of share-growing retail programs
- Develops creative new ways to incentivize consumers to buy and dealers to sell
Retail Strategy & Execution
- Responsible for building and executing industry-leading retail plans
- Analyzes business data to understand retail trends and makes recommendations based on the data
- Conducts retail, inventory and stocking analysis, building recommendations based on the data
- Owns market share reporting and understands our position in the competitive space
- Provides leadership in the development of semi-annual sales meetings
- Manages cross functional relationships and works as PLS representative on various division-wide projects
- Presents retail/promotional/field sales insights to the ORV leadership team on a frequent basis
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales or similar field required
- 4+ years of sales and/or marketing experience
- Proven track record of driving results and retail sales growth
- In-depth knowledge of dealers and the channels in which they operate to thoroughly understand the powersports retail landscape
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and a creative thinker with outstanding organization, communication, project management and analytical skills; strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success working in a very fast-paced environment and ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and interact with all levels of management
- An understanding, appreciation, and/or passion for powersports and related/similar businesses
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Corporate office environment
- Location - Bass Creek Facility, Plymouth, MN
- Travel required, up to 25% of the time
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Line Sales Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US