Test Design Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2787
Requisition Number: 12833BR
Summary: Looking for an experienced Design Engineer with structural test familiarity. This position will be to design test fixtures to ensure correct stiffness, performance, sizing, mass without adding new modes while accounting for safety. Test background desired.
- Design test fixtures and implement on multiple different test stands
- Contribute to lean and the continuous improvement of test procedures, documentation and equipment
- Support project teams in determining validation issue root causes
- Prepare and present reports throughout the product development cycle
- Operate test hardware and software including MTS, Somat and nCode products
- Conduct test requests using existing procedures and create new tests based on customer needs
- Conduct tests on electro-dynamic shakers, component and full vehicle level test equipment
- Travel, less than 20%
Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years Test Engineering experience
- Experience using Creo or other 3D CAD programs
- FEA experience a plus
- Knowledge of hydraulic actuators, servo valves, bearings and bolted joints desired
- Proficiency in most forms of metal fabrication, particularly welding
- Expertise in data acquisition, fatigue and signal analysis desired
- Self-starter - takes ownership of projects and accepts challenges
- Aptitude to troubleshoot complex technical systems
- Demonstrates team leadership qualities / potential and works well in team environment
- Must be committed to quality, safety and timeliness in your deliverables
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US