Associate Test Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2792
Requisition Number: 12842BR
Plans, develops and tests components and full vehicles of various Polaris products.This role is responsible for being a cross-functional team member between product teams and lab as well as test execution.
• Instrument vehicles to measure strain, acceleration, force, voltage, current, CAN etc.
• Collect and analyze data to help provide product quality and safety solutions
• Operate test hardware and software including MTS, Somat and nCode products
• Conduct test requests using existing procedures and create new tests based on customer needs
• Conduct tests on electro-dynamic shakers, component and full vehicle level test equipment
• Design test fixtures and implement on multiple different test stands
• Contribute to lean and the continuous improvement of test procedures, documentation and equipment
• Support project teams in determining validation issue root causes
• Prepare and present reports throughout the product development cycle
• Travel, less than 20%
Skills and Knowledge:
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum0-3 years Test Engineering experience
• Expertise in data acquisition, fatigue and signal analysis desired
• Experience using Creo or other 3D CAD programs
• Self-starter - takes ownership of projects and accepts challenges
• Aptitude to troubleshoot complex technical systems
• Demonstrates team leadership qualities / potential and works well in team environment
• Must be committed to quality, safety and timeliness in your deliverables
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Test Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US