Project Management Lead - Sunburst
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2794
Requisition Number: 12849BR
Lead development & execution of core implementation team project management deliverables, including scope, timeline, risk, and communication. Work with other Project Management Leaders across category and implementation teams to provide holistic view of program status. Continuously improve the project management processes for team transitions and defined work implementation. Identify and share lessons learned across teams.
- Lead critical handover processes entering and exiting Enterprise Implementation Team work flow
- Develop prioritized part list for implementation with an initial implementation plan and risk mitigation guidance taking in to account part risk factors, process change risk, strategic part plan, and supply chain risk mitigation plans
- Monitor and report out status of implementation, including key risk management and issue mitigation
- Communicate and plan key dates for handover, training requirements, and dates for key process improvements
- Work closely with other Project Management Leaders, Program Manager, Category Leaders, and Implementation Leaders to ensure all aspects of the project are successfully completed
- Identify and resolve, with the team, any potential deviations from the approved project plan. Manage the critical path to achieve agreed-upon milestones on time
- Identify & resolve/escalate project issues/risks to minimize impact to schedule and/or budget
- Drive application of project management best practices across teams including Gantt charts, key milestones, project charters, action/risk registers, etc.
- Facilitate identification and sharing of lessons learned & best practices across teams.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) including facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent project planning, execution, organizing and administrative skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to lead change and motivate others at all levels within the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others without direct authority
- Effective decision-making, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines and firm schedules
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment and operate through ambiguous situations with a drive to resolve ambiguity and move team to efficient execution
- Self-directed with strong personal initiative
- Professionalism and strong customer service skills
- Proficient MS Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Preference for skills in MS Project, PPM, and CTS
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred in Project Management, Business, Supply Chain/Operations, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a business setting with strong process orientation.
- Experience in project management and use of project management tools.
- Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP) preferred
Very fast-paced, dynamic culture in an office environment
Travel as needed (approximately 10-15%)
No work visa or residency sponsorship available for this job opening
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Management Lead - Sunburst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US