Engineer, Supplier Quality
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 2797
Requisition Number: 12856BR
Perform proactive Quality Assurance responsibilities and support Supplier development actions for all purchased components; systems; and whole goods that contribute to successful product launches and support production quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses experience and quality engineering principles to assure quality of supplied components
- Uses experience and quality engineering principles to develop strategy and tools for Polaris' supplier quality system and supply chain management continuous improvement
- Drive resolution of quality events related to supplier quality
- Lead cross functional teams to drive root cause of quality events
- Actively collaborate with Suppliers, Polaris purchasing, Engineering, and Plant Quality to lower the number of supplier non-conformances (RMO) and reduce overall supplier PPM
- Lead suppliers through the supplier performance escalation process (SPEP)
- Conduct supplier training, quality audits, process audits and improvement events
- Execute root cause problem solving and Corrective/Preventative Action
- Train and lead suppliers to ensure effective execution of Corrective Actions
- Promote the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and continuous improvement techniques at Polaris suppliers to reduce variability and monitor process control
- Perform Quality System Audits at suppliers and initiate corrective actions to ensure adherence to Polaris requirements as well as drive supplier development needs (primary focus on cast/machine)
- Provide support and feedback to Product Groups when determining existing supplier capability for future business awards
- Review supplier process change requests (PCR) and collaborate with cross functional teams to understand the risk as well as determine requirements for validation
- Review designs / components determined as high risk for correct identification of Key Product Characteristics (KPCs) and correct application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing principles to ensure measurement and manufacturing feasibility
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technical field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quality engineering or manufacturing with preferred knowledge of casting and machining manufacturing processes
- Robust technical problem solving skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports and present cross functionally within and outside Polaris Industries Inc. at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to, SPC, APQP, 8D, PPAP, DOE, CAPA, MSA and Quality Systems
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally as well as with a diverse/global supply base
- Ability to work on all levels of internal and external employees (top executive level to manufacturing operator level)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- General knowledge of engine components, high precision 3-axis CNC machining, and GD&T
- Flexibility to travel as required (up to an average of 20% to supplier locations both domestic and international
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, Supplier Quality
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US