Manufacturing Engineer - SME, Injection Molding
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2799
Requisition Number: 12863BR
This position is centrally located in the Wyoming MN research and design facility supporting new product design as well as the manufacturing plant network. This role will evaluate, develop and improve Injection Molding applications including materials, processes, tooling, equipment, and emerging technologies, in an effort to optimize quality, cost and performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the Operations, Product Engineering and Industrial Design teams with the development, justification, and execution of long range plans to meet corporate objectives, including transitioning to right Tools, Equipment, Materials, Processes and Systems.
- Research, develop and implement materials, tooling and processes to improve injection molding performance, including but not limited to quality, efficiency, uptime and cost.
- Applies diversified knowledge of materials, equipment, tooling and processing to support new product development, flawless execution of new product introduction as well as warranty reduction activities as they relate to injection molded components.
- Practice considerable creativity and initiative to provide troubleshooting support and countermeasure implementation.
- Injection mold process trouble shooting - scientific injection molding best practices (internal and external suppliers)
- Development of process control plans in all injection molding process areas.
- Function as technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and external suppliers to resolve quality, cost and delivery issues.
- Implement and monitor advanced quality planning and provide technical support when and where needed.
- Research new materials, tooling, processes & manufacturing technologies, coordinate procurement and trials as well support implementation into manufacturing.
- Assess current materials, processes and systems used in Product Design as well in Manufacturing and create or support the creation of a roadmap when proposing to transition to new and improved materials or processes.
- Promote quality, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance (including presses, tooling, auxiliary equipment, etc.), good housekeeping, and safety practices.
- BS degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise in injection molding technologies and processes required
- FMEA development and assessment required
- RJG molding training preferred
- Scientific molding experience/training preferred
- PPAP experience preferred
- Value Stream Mapping and Process Optimization preferred
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Project management - initiating, planning, executing project work
- High level of analytical ability to apply to unusual and difficult problems.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear and concise technical documentation.
- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions.
- Ability to travel (25%) to support product launches, new technology implementations and overall injection molding troubleshooting across the plant network.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer - SME, Injection Molding
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US