Supplier Development Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2816
Requisition Number: 12881BR
Work involves being the technical improvement leader within assigned purchasing category teams. Key responsibilities include formulating improvement strategy with the category team paired with the tactical execution of the strategy at targeted suppliers and qualifying and on-boarding of new suppliers. This position will also have a key role in sharing technical knowledge and coaching to Supplier Development staff. Job requires applying diversified technical knowledge of manufacturing, quality, and engineering along with exercising business acumen of supply chain management.
This position can be based out of our Plymouth, MN or Wyoming, MN facility.
- Facilitate Supplier Training, Quality Audits, and Improvement Events.
- Conduct Assessments of New Supplier Candidates.
- Lead Supplier Risk Management & Mitigation Exercises.
- Execute Root Cause Problem Solving & Corrective/Preventative Action.
- Analyze & Track Supplier Quality Performance Data.
- Innovate & lead process and tools deployment to enhance the Polaris Quality & Supply Chain Management practices with a focus on standard work.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technical field.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant quality, operations, and/or technical business experience.
- Proficient in basic and advanced quality tools - LEAN; SPC; Measurement Systems Analysis.
- Quality System / Manufacturing Process Auditing Experience with knowledge of QS 9000/ TS 16949 requirements.
- Robust technical problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma strongly preferred, black belt a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with documenting and conveying technical information.
- Process experience with a subset of various vehicle component commodities such as plastics; metal casting; CNC machining; electronics; and assembly of whole goods desired.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships cross-functionally internally as well as with a diverse / global supply base.
- Ability to work with and interface with all levels of an organization both internally and externally
- Flexibility to travel as required [up to 30%] to supplier locations both domestic and international.
- Some Electro Mechanical experience preferred.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Development Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US