Warehouse Associate || Part-Time/Seasonal
Location: Vermillion, South Dakota US
Job Number: 1788
Requisition Number: 10777BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Picks orders as assigned rapidly, efficiently, and accurately
- Packs orders as assigned rapidly, efficiently, and accurately
- Operates shipping system (if assigned) rapidly, efficiently, and accurately
- Receives incoming product as assigned rapidly, efficiently, and accurately. This can include loading, unloading, counting, verifying, putting away and collecting data.
- Understands barcode technology and operates RF equipment as assigned
- Operates automated picking equipment, power conveyors, and forklifts as assigned
- Knowledgeable with all applicable warehouse operational and quality procedures
- Knowledgeable with all safety procedures and practices safe operation at all times
- Assists in maintaining a neat and orderly warehouse
- Consistently achieves or exceeds warehouse operational pick/pack/ship/receive volume and quality standards
- Positive attitude. Excellent time and attendance performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read and comprehend pick tickets, purchase orders, receiving slips, route slips and instructions.
- Must be able to do basic arithmetic; skill levels normally acquired through the completion of high school.
- Operates automated carts and other such machinery
- Previous warehouse experience preferred
- Knowledge of Polaris product and parts preferred
- Prior forklift experience required for receiving applications
- Standard warehouse environment
- Lift, push, pull, or carry up to 30-45 lbs. individually, or 70 lbs. with a team lift
- Ability to stand/walk for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to tolerate heights up to 26 feet
- During peak operational periods overtime may be required, including weekends
About this location
This opportunity is located in Vermillion which is nestled in the southeastern corner of South Dakota just minutes away from the Nebraska and Iowa borders. Vermillion is the perfect place to settle down and raise a family as well as excel your career. It's a small, comfortable, safe, University community that offers various recreation activities including bike paths, four city parks, an 18-hole golf course, hunting, fishing, Division 1 college sports, and much more. If you're ready to become part of a team that operates a world-class distribution center, look no further.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Click here to access our Affirmative Action Policy - and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the law: Click here to read more.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: South Dakota
Community / Marketing Title: Warehouse Associate || Part-Time/Seasonal
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vermillion, South Dakota US