Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 2193
Requisition Number: 11648BR
Plans and oversees execution of activities with regards to development, application, and maintenance of quality standards in a manufacturing environment. This role is responsible for supervision of Quality Technicians and Auditors, production support, New Product Introduction/APQP activities, Data Analysis, and Continuous Improvement of Osceola Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports execution of troubleshooting through the effective use of the CAPA process
- Maintains the manufacturing quality system for the specific product group
- Actively involved in design reviews as well as identifying significant and critical feature characteristics on drawings
- Responsible for execution of QA standard work - supervising Technicians and Auditors
- Assures New Product Introduction success through the effective use of APQP
- Designs and/or specifies inspection and testing equipment
- Develops and maintains in-line inspection criteria for critical assembly attributes
- Analyzes production limitations and standards, recommends revisions of specifications and/or process improvements (Assists with DFAM)
- Assists in the formulation of Quality Management System documentation
- Responsible for operating within the approved budget
- Works in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly work area
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. Degree in engineering or equivalent
- 3 years previous quality control engineering experience
- Manufacturing and Assembly experience
- Strong Background in GD&T and measurement systems
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
Heavy production line / manufacturing presence and office environment conditions
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, Quality
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US