Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 2311
Requisition Number: 11872BR
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to specify equipment and tooling to complete assigned tasks
- Extensive experience in manual machining required - milling, turning and grinding
- Experience in MIG/TIG welding and metal fabrication needed
- Ability to work from prints or make parts from measurements
- Ability to specify appropriate materials for projects
- Experience fabricating and repairing assembly and welding jigs
- Carry out specific assignments as directed by the Maintenance Work Order system and supervisor's instructions
- Complete Company Training, which may include travel to other manufacturing locations or vendors
- Assist in establishing and maintaining maintenance standards and procedures
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly work area
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required. On-call duty may be required over holidays and weekends
- Participate inKaizen and Lean Activities
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, and climb.
- Stand and walk up to eight hours per day.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to eight hours a day.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- High School diploma or GED required. AA degree or specialized training preferred.
- Display communication and leadership skills, both written and verbally.
- Must be able to interpret and understand blueprints, process routings, B.O.M. and various manuals.
- Powersports and/or automotive mechanical knowledge strongly preferred.
- High mechanical aptitude a must.
- Welding, engine knowledge and fabrication abilities required.
- Must be a self-starter and complete projects without continual supervision.
- Must have high values in ethics & integrity.
- Must be willing to accept assignment changes and maintain a positive attitude toward change.
- Must be willing and able to travel for training as required.
Qualified candidates must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or a GED, and have the permanent right to work in the Unites States without sponsorship.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 8,000 employees in 16 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2014 sales of $4.5 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory® and Indian Motorcycle® and Slingshot™ brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris Engineered Parts, Accessories and Apparel, Klim branded apparel and ORV accessories under the Kolpin®, Cycle Country® and Pro Armor® brands.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Machinist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US