Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 2463
Requisition Number: 12049BR
A Robot Editor is a cross-functional position within the Robotics Group to oversee all aspects of automated production and to support the Robotic Programmer. The first section below outlines the essential job functions of the Robot Editor job. Robot Editors must be able to perform these functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain OSHA compliance and corporate safety standards within the Paint/Weld Department and company.
• Provide manufacturing support for Robot Programmers and maintain equipment.
• Maintain a daily log of issues and activities that involve Robotics.
• Work with Programmers on quality improvement projects within the department to analyze and interpret course of action for improvement.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as required; "on-call" duty may be required over holidays and weekends. Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain neat, clean, and orderly work area.
• Be able to change shifts on short notice (including working 3rd shift for a short time).
• Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, and climb.
• Stand and walk up to eight hours per day.
• Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Completion of Polaris Lock-Out/Tag-Out Training.
• Completion of Fanuc or Motoman or ABB Basic Robotic Programming.
• Completion of Fanuc or Motoman or ABB and gun general maintenance training.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, & Outlook.
• Minimum 2 year experience as a Painter or robotics is preferred.
• Ability to provide recommendations for improvements of robot systems.
• Support and maintain robotic data collection for troubleshooting.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Good housekeeping and organizational skills.
• Good communication skills.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Spirit Lake, Iowa, population of 4,907 people, is one of the most beautiful and dynamic cities in the Midwest. It is located in the center of the Iowa Great Lakes. Spirit Lake is a full-service city offering a wide variety of recreation, employment and social opportunities to citizens and visitors. Spirit Lake has a vibrant downtown with a variety of retail businesses and an industrial park that provides current employers and potential companies with attractive amenities. Spirit Lake is a great place to raise a family. We have excellent schools and many opportunities for involvement in religious activities, scouting, dance, and art. Children are safe here and can enjoy the quality of life that we all want them to have. Spirit Lake is a rapidly developing city, boasting one of the fastest growing economies in Northwest Iowa.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: Robot Editor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US