Mgr, State Government Affairs
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2525
Requisition Number: 12279BR
Provide advice for State Government Affairs, including Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs. Leads strategic oversight to support business objectives. Identifies and manages risks to the business, and serves as trusted advisor and business partner to the Executive team providing advices on a broad range of legal and strategic matters. Responsible for company's compliance with relevant lobbying and government ethics laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership and managerial courage, emotional strength and maturity, and excellent business partnership and relationship-building skills. This position reports to the VP, Government Affairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for state regulatory, political and policy matters
- Oversees corporate initiatives and community affair activities while managing budgets
- Develops and implements strategy for state government affairs while driving campaigns
- Provides strategic direction on state government relations issues
- Creating and maintaining relationships on behalf of the company with state and local elected officials, business leaders and community influences
- Develop and implement compliance procedures and organize/participate in design reviews
- Working with all levels of the business to enable company to understand, meet and manage lobbying regulatory requirements and risks especially with regards to Consumer Product Safety Commission regulations and reporting requirements
- Communicating to key stakeholders regarding impending changes in state regulations and laws that could affect the company
- Consulting with outside lobbyists and counsel needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 10+ years of relevant government relations experience
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school preferred
- Prefer Bachelor's degree in Public Relations or related degree
- Has a thorough understanding of the political electoral system at the local, state and national levels
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple priorities & meet short deadlines, and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Able to effectively manage projects and make quick, innovative decisions to resolve problems; results oriented and able to roll-up sleeves in order to accomplish necessary tasks
- Ability to master new subject matter areas
- Corporate office environment
- Potential for travel
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr, State Government Affairs
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US