Temporary Quality Assurance Auditor
Location: Osceola, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 2576
Requisition Number: 12404BR
To ensure that all products shipped to the consumer meet or exceed that consumer's expectations. To aid other departments in the organization in improving the function and performance of all aspects of our business. To audit and verify critical processes in the manufacture of Polaris products. Reporting of audit findings in a professional and accurate manner to facilitate improvement in quality, productivity and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support production by teaching operators how to correctly use gauges and other quality equipment.
2. Audit various process characteristics per specification plans, may include but is not limited to:
Receiving inspection of components or raw materials, WIP, Quarantined inventory, Re-worked components or assemblies and Finished goods audits
3. Make necessary recommendations for process improvements.
4. Perform sort of non-conforming materials as required.
5. Verification of Manufacturing Department materials and parts, assuring that they meet written specifications within established tolerances.
6. Work overtime or vary working hours as needed.
7. Attend company provided training.
8. Work with measuring and production tools
9. Cross train in other quality positions to back-up or assist other quality personnel as necessary.
10. Prepare layout sheets, prepare RMO's, shipping orders and order supplies for QA Lab as necessary.
11. Challenge nonconforming product using proper chain of command and hold tag procedures.
12. Provide help with rework projects as the quality inspector for all completed rework.
13. Maintain or input quality data/files as required. May include but is not limited to: QA files, PPAP, Audit results, FAIR's, RMO's, Deviations, PQR's, FTQ, and PP100.
14. Communicate to appropriate personnel any necessary issues, findings, etc.
15. Maintain quality inspection equipment as necessary.
16. Provide input into improving existing inspection procedures and actively participate in the PCI process.
17. Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
18. Perform duties outside assigned area, as required.
19. Maintain a neat and organized work area.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. Technical diploma or equivalent training preferred.
3. Must be familiar with parts, tolerances, dimensions, problem areas, various inspection equipment, and quality terminology.
4. Must have a performance history of quality conscious work, good attendance and safe work habits.
5. One year experience with basic gauging equipment (micrometers, calipers, height gauges, etc.) required.
6. Must have experience and a strong working knowledge of the production area this position is assigned to support (i.e. seats, engines, metal fabrication, etc.)
7. Must have a working knowledge of PC software programs (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, database, and email) including the ability to enter and retrieve data.
8. Must have working knowledge of the AS400 system.
9. Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
10. Must be able to manage conflict and solve problems independently.
11. Must have demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
12. Must be responsible, enthusiastic, trustworthy, and able to work with minimum supervision.
13. Previous inspection experience or related education preferred.
Selection of candidates is based on the skills and knowledge of the applicant and what is required to perform the job.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Temporary Quality Assurance Auditor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Osceola, Wisconsin US