Alternate Warehouse Lead (2nd Shift Receiving)
Location: Vermillion, South Dakota US
Job Number: 2642
Requisition Number: 12529BR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate situational leadership and supervision in support of Polaris work culture and values
- Demonstrate professionalism with all Polaris employees, colleagues, and outside business contacts
- Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all employees throughout the warehouse
- Accountable for employee development, coaching, training and mentoring
- Develop trust within employee groups through fairness, consistency, confidentiality, and leading by example Communicate effectively through all levels of warehouse to provide a clear and consistent message
- Drive continuous improvement in Service and Order Quality to achieve industry leading quality and customer service Analyze, develop, and initiate quality statistics, system controls, and action plans
- Directs and executes day-to-day work assignments consistent with group needs and work schedules
- First Aid/CPR First Responder
- Consistently exceed productivity objectives across shifts to support operational goals
- Develop and execute departmental objectives, budget plan, and contingency strategies
- Proactively seeks out productivity improvements with a continuous improvement mindset
- Additional duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's Degree in business, operations mgmt, supply chain mgmt or equivalent preferred
- 1 - 5 years of supervisor/leadership experience preferred, experience in a warehouse setting required
- Proven problem solving, decision making, and planning
- Experience with LEAN fundamentals and waste reduction Strong organizational management, passion for quality, and supervisory skills will be needed
- Effectively manages and leads through change Systems experience with AS400, RF/Bar-coding technology and Microsoft Office products
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Fundamental understanding of distribution including receiving, pick/pack/ship, inventory, operations, and facilities
- Performance, results oriented individual with ability to create/sustain strong, positive, vibrant culture
About this location
This opportunity is located in Vermillion which is nestled in the southeastern corner of South Dakota just minutes away from the Nebraska and Iowa borders. Vermillion is the perfect place to settle down and raise a family as well as excel your career. It's a small, comfortable, safe, University community that offers various recreation activities including bike paths, four city parks, an 18-hole golf course, hunting, fishing, Division 1 college sports, and much more. If you're ready to become part of a team that operates a world-class distribution center, look no further.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
State: South Dakota
Community / Marketing Title: Alternate Warehouse Lead (2nd Shift Receiving)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vermillion, South Dakota US