Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2662
Requisition Number: 12574BR
Job Title: Test Engineer
Product Group: Motorcycles
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with project teams to create vehicle and component level DVP&R.
- Ensure validation plans are properly executed in a timely manner.
- Communication of DVP&R status to project team and management throughout the life of the project.
- Use reliability methods to develop vehicle and component level durability goals.
- Lead the durability and performance testing of components, systems, and full vehicle tests.
- Lead issue resolution process for Motorcycle projects assigned to them.
- Support project teams in determining validation issue root causes and provide potential solutions.
- Conduct test requests using existing procedures and customer requests.
- Instrument vehicles to measure strain, acceleration, force, voltage, current, etc.
- Utilize test hardware and software including Somat eDaq, nCode, and ReliaSoft products.
- Support Engineering Operations tests as required including electro-dynamic shakers, MTS component and vehicle level tests.
- Train and mentor others in testing methodologies.
- Improve existing and develop new test procedures as required.
- Travel less than 10%.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related.
- Minimum 2 years Test Engineering experience preferred
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experienced with data acquisition, fatigue, and signal processing desired.
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills required.
- Must be conscientious, detail oriented, committed to quality and timeliness in your deliverables.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineer-Motorcycles
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US