Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2663
Requisition Number: 12593BR
This position provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of disputes, including Liability, Personal Injury, and Commercial litigation. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, technically proficient, and self-confident individual, with experience in Litigation case management. In addition, the individual should be able to balance and prioritize assignments and deadlines in a fun, fast-paced environment. This position is ideal for a self-starter, with high professional standards, who demonstrates flexibility and adaptability with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Litigation Case Management Duties:
- Manage eDiscovery vendor(s), document collection and preservation
- Lead document processing, review and productions (Relativity)
- Assist with matter investigation, maintain files and update electronic database (Serengeti)
- Coordinate custodian interviews and depositions
- Assist with case management obligations
- Assist with electronic filing and billing
- Review and respond to various correspondence
- Assist with investigation and response to subpoenas
- Assist with management of ongoing legal and regulatory training through tracking and administration of function
- Assist with maintenance and administration of record retention policy
- Assist with governmental investigations and the production of required documents
- Support labor and employment team through administration of training and educational initiatives
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- 5-7 years of experience as a litigation Paralegal (law firm experience preferred)
- Initiative and the ability to work with little supervision required
- Proficiency in computer systems skills with an affirmative understanding of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Relativity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and collaboration skills with individual and group partners
- Sense of humor and emotional acuity
- Demonstrated leadership skills that result in the production of high-quality services and exceptional standards
- Ability to manage a case load and organize and assemble documents and files
- Comfort working with and managing outside counsel, working cross-functionally with business, engineering and legal executives and personnel.
- Ability to protect integrity of (and maintain) confidential and proprietary information
WORKING CONDITIONS:This is a full-time position based out of Polaris' headquarters building in Medina, Minnesota. All work is expected to be performed on-site, although some travel may be required.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Litigation Paralegal
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US