Investigations Engineering Manager
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 2778
Requisition Number: 12805BR
Builds and leads a team of Field Investigation Engineers which perform field inspections, investigations and root cause analysis of Polaris products or incidents involving Polaris products. Develops and implements improvements to processes, tools and communication to enable speed to root cause and effective information sharing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage team of Field Investigation Engineers for investigations.
- Manage 3rd party providers to ensure efficient and effective investigations that support the overall investigation needs of the company.
- Influence and drive decisions regarding root cause.
- Escalate and share information regarding product safety and quality issues.
- Assign field inspections of vehicles or in-service vehicles.
- Review, analyze, and communicate data collected from accident investigations.
- Make formal investigation determinations.
- Develop plans and interact cross-functionally to ensure safety considerations are being appropriately addressed in the design, manufacturing and servicing of Polaris products and vehicles.
- Serve as technical liaison between Engineering and product liability attorneys as required.
- Give testimony (depositions, affidavits, and at trial) as requested by counsel.
- Participate in and make suggestions regarding safety during the review of current and future products.
- Bachelor degree in business or engineering field.
- Minimum 10 years of Engineering or Technical Service experience.
- Polaris, automotive industry or other vehicle knowledge and engineering experience preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of vehicles systems or areas such as powertrain, chassis, electrical, crashworthiness, strongly preferred.
- Proven analytical skills, ability to root cause and problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located approximately 30 minutes from Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. These neighboring cities consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place to live.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Investigations Engineering Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US