Tech, Quality Assurance III
Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 2979
Requisition Number: 13175BR
Support all aspects of liquid paint quality assurance. This position takes a leading role in developing, maintaining and working in quality systems for the liquid paint department. Also responsible for trouble shootings issues and driving quality issues internally and externally to resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support production by teaching operators how to correctly use gauges and other quality equipment.
• Audit various process characteristics per specification plans, may include but is not limited to: Receiving inspection of components or raw materials, WIP, Quarantined inventory, Re-worked components or assemblies, Finished goods audits,
• Drive continuous improvements via Issue Tracking.
• Perform sort of non-conforming materials as required.
• Verification of Manufacturing Department materials and parts, assuring that they meet written specifications within established tolerances.
• Work overtime or vary working hours as needed.
• Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
• Operate critical measurement systems and software (i.e. Faro, etc.) by opening and running programs.
• Must be cross-trained and back-up or assist other quality personnel as necessary.
• Use of essential measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, etc.
• Challenge nonconforming product using proper chain of command and hold tag procedures.
• Create, maintain, input or analyze quality data/files as required. May include but is not limited to: • QA files • Audit results • FAIR's • RMO's • Cpk • Issue Tracking
• Ability to work overtime, as required and mandated by production schedules
• Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
• Complete company provided training.
• Perform special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Previous factory experience desired.
• Work well in team environment.
• Technical diploma or equivalent training preferred.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of the parts, tolerances, dimensions, problem areas, various inspection equipment, quality terminology and documentation.
• Must have a performance history of quality conscious work, good attendance and safe work habits.
• Advance experience with gauging equipment
• Paint experience
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
Spirit Lake, Iowa, population of 4,907 people, is one of the most beautiful and dynamic cities in the Midwest. It is located in the center of the Iowa Great Lakes. Spirit Lake is a full-service city offering a wide variety of recreation, employment and social opportunities to citizens and visitors. Spirit Lake has a vibrant downtown with a variety of retail businesses and an industrial park that provides current employers and potential companies with attractive amenities. Spirit Lake is a great place to raise a family. We have excellent schools and many opportunities for involvement in religious activities, scouting, dance, and art. Children are safe here and can enjoy the quality of life that we all want them to have. Spirit Lake is a rapidly developing city, boasting one of the fastest growing economies in Northwest Iowa.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: Tech, Quality Assurance III
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US